ALDEBURGH COMMUNITY & SPORTS CENTRE
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. THE HIRER must be over 18 years of age and there must be adequate adult (over 25 years) supervision at the Hall at all times.
2. THE HIRER will, during the period of hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises (other than The Social Area), fabric and contents, their care, safety from damage (however slight) or change of any sort, the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity. In the case of 18th and 21st Birthday Parties, The Hirer will be required to hire, at their expense, at least TWO REGISTERED DOORMEN (BOUNCERS). Details will be required at time of booking. Such requirement may also be made for other events.
3. THE HIRER is responsible for the proper supervision of car-parking arrangements – the highway and roads around the building MUST NOT BE OBSTRUCTED at any time – NO PARKING is allowed at the eastern end of the building under any circumstances, but single line parking along the fence on The Centre’s northern boundary is permitted.
4 The “ONE WAY” TRAFFIC SYSTEM MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. “IN”, via South (Kings Field) side of Building and “OUT”, via the North (Public Toilet) side.
5. THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described on the booking form and shall not sub-hire or use the premises, or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose, or allow anything to be brought onto the premises which may endanger persons or property, or invalidate/contravene any insurance policies or The Premises Licence which is issued by Suffolk Coastal District Council – see details in Reception.
6. All damages resulting from the hire of the Centre will be chargeable to The Hirer at the actual cost of the repair. This covers the buildings, outbuildings and all other items situated within The Centre’s boundaries. All breakages, whether furniture, fittings, glass etc., will be charged at their replacement value.
7. Amplified MUSIC. ALL equipment, whether for LIVE PERFORMANCE OR DISCO, MUST be set up at the West End of the Main Hall facing Eastwards. Our Premises Licence requires ALL windows and doors to be closed for live amplified music events. Please consult with The Centre Manager for details.
8. Insurance: The Trust/OGS Trading (Aldeburgh) Ltd/Centre Management Group will not be held liable in any way for any personal damage or injury to ‘members’, guests and visitors at private functions OR for loss or damage to personal property whilst they are on the premises or in the grounds of The Centre. Group Hirers (eg Keep Fit./ Pilates) are required to carry their own insurance cover for damage to persons.
9. It is THE HIRER’S responsibility to ensure that any Catering (all catering matters should be discussed with the Centre Manager at the time of booking) required for a function is undertaken by persons that have the appropriate qualifications/official authorisation and accords with all Health & Safety Regulations. Details are available with the Centre Manager. NO CHILDREN are allowed in the Kitchen. (Please see separate kitchen hire sheet).
10. At the end of the hiring, THE HIRER shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, locking all doors and windows, unless otherwise directed; any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions must be properly replaced, eg chairs and tables. ALL RUBBISH MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE.
11. Children under the age of 14 YEARS MUST be accompanied by an adult in the Bar/Social areas and WILL NOT be permitted to sit at the Bar.
NO ALCOHOL/BEVERAGES MAY BE BROUGHT ONTO THE PREMISES; only alcohol/beverages purchased on the property may be consumed on the premises, unless corkage has been previously arranged.
13. DO NOT TOUCH or ALTER any THERMOSTATS or TIME SWITCHES, without the permission of The Centre Manager or an official of The Centre.
14. The SOCIAL AREA is not included in any hire arrangement. This area is reserved for the Residents of Aldeburgh. It can be isolated from the Main Hall as necessary.
15. Should any COMPLAINT (S) arise during the hire period, reference in the first instance should be made to The Centre Manager. If it cannot be resolved at that point, the matter should be referred, in writing, to the Chairman of The Centre Management Group.
16. The use of SELLOTAPE & DRAWING PINS is NOT ALLOWED on any wall.
17. THE WHOLE CENTRE IS A DESIGNATED “NO SMOKING AREA“. There is a designated outside ‘smoking area’ to the North & South of The Centre.
18. THE CENTRE MANAGEMENT GROUP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REFUSE ANY RESERVATION OR TO LAY DOWN ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS AS IT SEES FIT.
19. EMERGENCY TELEPHONE is located behind the Bar.
All Hirers of The Aldeburgh Community & Sports Centre will be required to sign a Reservation Confirmation Form. By so doing the above Conditions of Hire will be deemed to have been accepted by The Hirer.
The Centre Manager will advise ALL new hirers about safety procedures at The Centre, which MUST be followed (e.g. fire evacuation procedures); they will be shown the location of the Accident Book and Health and Safety File, the location of safety equipment (fire extinguishers, First Aid Box, etc) and the use of the kitchen and other equipment.
Take action to minimize risks
Make sure that all emergency exit doors are clear of obstruction and unlocked at all times.
Report any evidence of damage or faults to the Centre Manager or member of the CMG
Report every accident entered in the Accident Book to the Centre Manager or member of
IN THE EVENT OF EMERGENCY SUCH AS FIRE DIAL 999
THEN USE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS TO SUMMON HELP FROM A MEMBER OF THE MANAGEMENT
ALDEBURGH COMMUNITY & SPORTS CENTRE.
KITCHEN HIRING CONDITIONS.
(To be read in conjunction The General Conditions of Hire for The Centre)
The HIRER is responsible for:
1. People who are serving HOT FOOD are required to have a licenced caterer.
2. Until otherwise arranged, only pre-prepared food should be brought on to The Premises.
3. You and/or your caterer are responsible for all food products entering The Centre under current Food Safety Legislation.
4. You and/or your caterer are responsible to ensure that all catering staff are instructed, trained and supervised in line with all current food safety legislation. In summary:
5. The Aldeburgh Community & Sports Centre and its Staff ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR FOOD SAFETY.
The following facilities are available and general rules apply:
1. Chilling refrigerator, warming facilities (oven and microwave), crock-pot and a ‘continuous’ hot (very!) water provider are provided. Other facilities may be added in due course.
2. Thermometers, to ensure that food is stored at a minimum of 8C, are present in the refrigerators. Caterers should bring their own thermometers to ensure that all hot food is served at a minimum 63C. These are legal requirements.
3. A small dishwasher is available.
4. There is a wide range of cutlery, cups, saucers, plates, teapots and jugs available. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all items are properly washed/cleaned after use.
5. All food waste and rubbish MUST be removed from the premises on the day/evening of use.
6. No animals or children are permitted in the kitchen.
7. Be aware that the kitchen door opens OUTWARDS into the Main Hall.
8. Food may NOT be sold on the premises after 11.00 pm.
9. Washing Basins are clearly marked as to type of use.
10. Become aware of the location of Fire Exits, Fire Extinguishers, and Fire Blanket.
11. First Aid Box is located on the back kitchen wall.
12. ONLY the YELLOW set of mop/bucket/broom MAY be used in The Kitchen area. There is a ‘floor wet’ sign available.
13. Manufacturer’s instruction manuals for the hot water boiler, cleaning chemicals (on each bottle) etc.. Can be requested from the Centre Manager.
14. ALL ACCIDENTS MUST be entered in the Accident Log book to be found beside the First Aid Kit.
15. DO NOT switch off the water boiler or refrigerator when leaving, BUT ENSURE that ALL OTHER APPLIANCES ARE SWITCHED OFF.
16. PLEASE LEAVE THE KITCHEN IN THE STATE IN, WHICH YOU WOULD, EXTECT TO FIND IT. THANK YOU!
Please note that the Hirer’s acceptance (signature) of The General Conditions of Hire imply acceptance of the above, when a Hirer uses the Kitchen.